Candle Care

Our candles are hand poured with the utmost care to provide you with hours of naturally scented bliss. To keep them working well and safe, here are some tips on how to best care for your candles.

Shop Our Collection

 

 HOW TO BURN YOUR CANDLE

1. Light your candle in a well ventilated room, away from drafts. Keep your candle out of reach from pets and children.

2. Burn your candle for at least 3-4 hours on the first burn. Never leave a lit candle unattended. Burning for less time can cause your candle to "tunnel", which leaves a build up of wax on the sides of the container.

3. Make sure you stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom. This is to ensure that the flame never touches the bottom of the glass, which may cause the container to crack from overheating.

 

HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR WICKS

1. If flame becomes too high or if flickering repeatedly, snuff out the flame. Let your candle cool, trim 5mm off the wick and check for drafts before relighting.

2. Keep wicks trimmed to 1/4 inch at all times to avoid your wick sooting or mushrooming.

3. Always snuff out a flame, never blow out your candles.

4. In the case of a small flame, snuff and allow the container to cool before pouring out excess liquid wax. Trim your wick and relight your candle.

 

WHAT ARE WAX MELTS?

A wax melt is a scented piece of wax that is meant to be warmed on either a tea lit burner or an electric burner. Unlike a candle, wax melts do not evaporate. Instead its scent dissipates over time. You can use your wax melts until it completely loses its scent.

A single Living Jar wax melt can last up to 10 hours. When left to cool the wax solidifies and is ready to be warmed again until the scent has completely faded. 

Once the scent has completely dissipated, allow the wax to cool down before attempting to remove it. Now you can start on a fresh scented wax melt and enjoy the blissful aromas as it fills up your home. 

 

HOW TO USE WAX MELTS SAFELY

1. Make sure to not overfill your burner.

2. Do not dilute your wax melts with water or any other liquids.

2. Keep away from children and pets. 

3. Always place your burner on a heatproof surface, away from curtains or drafts.

4. Burners get hot! Do not attempt to move your burner until it has cooled down.